– In 1967, Wilt ‘The Stilt Chamberlain’ set a ridiculous record for rebounds as he grabbed 41 of them for this 76ers.
– The MLB season didn’t start on time for the very first time ever. This was due to a strike that would last 86 games before the 1972 season eventually kicked off in earnest.
– In 1984, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar broke Wilt Chamberlain’s all-time scoring record by putting up his 31,421st point.
– Duke held off Butler, looking for a second consecutive NCAA National title, at the buzzer to win 61-59 in 2010.
– In 2019, Russell Westbrook became the first player in NBA history to average a triple-double over the course of three straight seasons. He clinched it in OKC’s 123-110 win over the Detroit Pistons.