– Jack Nicklaus became a legend on this day in 1963 when he became the youngest Masters winner ever at the age of 23. It has been broken since, with Jordan Spieth at 21, now the record holder.
– In 1977, the Toronto Blue Jays got off to a fine start to their franchise, winning their first game by a score of 9-5 over the Chicago White Sox.
– In 2003, Carmelo Anthony, who was later named Most Outstanding Player, helped lead Syracuse to the NCAA National Championship over Kansas.
– On this day in 2014, UConn made it a basketball double, winning both NCAA National titles as the men pulled off the sweep with a 60-54 win over Kentucky.
– In 2018, Manchester United denied Manchester City the title, defeating them for the first time that season in the process. City clinched right after, however, but at least United had done their part.